Monday, September 24, 2012

Change my name or not Change my Name, that is the question?

Changes have become second nature to me over the past 3 years and I am starting to gain some control over how I handle them, good and bad.  The good ones are easy, I just thank the good Lord above and Rock on.  The bad require composure and control, both of which can be a struggle for me but I am learning.

In April, 2013, I have some big changes coming, I am getting married.  This is a first for me, at 45, I am what they call a 'late in life bride.'  I should be called a 'Smart Woman! ' I waited till I really knew myself and what I wanted before I choose a mate.  I was raised to believe divorce is not an option.  Once you tie the knot it is a done deal.  Being a gypsy at heart I had to roam and discover before I could nest.

Nesting is something I am pretty good at, I love making our little house a home.  I am even thinking I should blog some of my projects and ideas which leads me to the name change.  I am thinking I should change the name of my blog to reflect content.  But how do I come up with a few words to describe me and all my eclectic joy?  Hmmm, maybe Eclectic Joy?  It has potential, right?  I have covered this topic in my head so many times I am bored with it.  Maybe I should concentrate on learning the ins and outs of blogging.  Seriously, I am not even sure how to upload photos to a blog much less all the other fancy stuff bloggers use.

For now I think I will start learning to use all my blogging powers as the Turkey Gypsy.  I have had that name for so long I am not sure I have the heart to change it. And for those of you that thought I was talking about taking my new hubbie's name, yes I will be changing that name, I am happy to be marrying my best friend and sharing his name.

Now go, roam free and find your Joy!

Kym

No comments:

Post a Comment